Wednesday 4 September 2013

C is for Cycling

This Sunday saw the beginning of the Alphabet weekends.
And so, us gals decided to take advantage of a beautiful first day of Spring by cycling The Golden Mile.

(Fun Fact: The last time I was on a bike was 14 years ago (pause for the giggles). I myself was pretty surprised that I had actually not forgotten how to balance on two wheels - however how to use the breaks accordingly was a concept completely foreign to me). 

Nevertheless...
What fun we did have.

We took in all the beautiful Durban delights we so often don't see. 
There were beach-goers, sand artists, acrobatic roller-skaters, The Meditators with lunch, marching bands, kite fliers, drinks on the pier and just complete merriment all around. This was a day full of food for the soul.

I really recommend renting bikes from Moses and going on your own little adventure.